A Wet Weekend & Raspberry Coconut Slice.
October 3, 2010 § 7 Comments
What Sydney people shouldn’t be doing on this very, very wet long weekend:
- Grand final football matches
- Music Festivals
What Sydney people are doing on this very, very wet long weekend:
- Watching the Roosters play the Dragons at Homebush;
- Dancing in the mud and listening to tunes at Parklife;
What Sydney people should be doing on this very, very wet long weekend:
BAKING! (Of course!!)
Raspberry Coconut Slice
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease 20cm x 30cm lamington pan and line with baking paper, extending 5cm over long sides.
- Beat 90g butter, 1/2 cup caster sugar and 1 egg in a small bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Transfer to a medium bowl, stir in 1/4 cup SR flour, 2/3 cup plain flour and 1Tbs custard powder. Spread into pan; spread with 2/3 cup raspberry jam
- Combine 2 cups desiccated coconut, 1/4 cup caster sugar, 2 eggs (beaten lightly) in a small bowl. Sprinkle over jam. Bake about 40 minutes. Cool in pan.